3/24/12

Grey Hare


This was initially going to be an underpainting... and for some reason it just begged to be kept as a grey painting. I was a bit unsure of what was going to happen with the color, so I'm glad I kind of acknowledged that the image was working as a grisaille. It's not a Black and White painting, but a Grey painting... I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it kind of does in my head. 

Not done yet, but very happy with the results so far... (sorry about the glare... but it's a WIP)

Her Bunnies and Hares


(Bunnies are obvious reference to Cecily Brown... love her.)

6 comments:

Candace X. Moore said...

Intriguing composition, Nicolas. Nice.

Claudia Montenegro said...

Me gusta mucho este cuadro!!!
Soy tu fiel admiradora!! ;)

Stephen W. Green said...

This might be my favorites of yours so far. The composition has an intriguing structure. I love the portrait and repetition of the hands adds a lot to the complexity and movement of the piece.

I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- said...

Me recordó mucho a Phil Hale!

Un saludo Nicolás ojalá algún día me pueda dar las clases de pintura que me prometió si me graduaba :) un saludo!

Camilo Carreño.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me. Design